In principle, participants from abroad can enter Germany. This also applies to exhibitors and visitors from high risk areas and for participants who have not been vaccinated against COVID-19.
At a glance:
- All travelers entering Germany need a proof of vaccination, recovery or a negative test*.
- Entry from high risk areas is only possible after digital registration.
- Vaccinated or recovered visitors and exhibitors are exempt from quarantine.
- Unvaccinated participants from high risk areas may stay in Germany for up to five days without quarantine requirements.
- Only persons who have been fully vaccinated with a vaccine recognised in the EU are considered vaccinated.
Status: 24/01/2022 - Source: www.auma.de/en/exhibit/legal-matters/entry-requirements
*Please note the specifications applicable in Bavaria regarding the validity of the test certificates: Antigen test not older than 24 hours; PCR test not older than 48 hours.
You will find detailed information on entry requirements, quarantine, the obligation to provide proof, etc. specially prepared for trade fair and congress participants here.
VISA application for entry from Non-EU countries
Good to know: In principle, you can apply for a VISA even if you have not been vaccinated with a vaccine approved in the EU, as participation in a trade fair or convention has been defined by the federal government as an "absolutely necessary business trip" and is linked to a “3G” certificate (proof of recovery or negative test result or vaccination with a vaccine approved in the EU). Thus, entering with a negative test result is possible.
Official information from the German government can be found here (at the bottom of the page)
Our international representatives will be happy to help you if you are planning your visit to the trade fair or participation in one of our events. They will also be happy to assist you with your visa application.
Nuremberg welcomes guests from all over the world
On the ground in Nuremberg, public transport, hotels and restaurants are well prepared for international guests and ensure a safe and pleasant stay before, during and after the exhibition or convention visit.
Further information and current requirements
We kindly ask you to inform yourself before your arrival about the current entry requirements:
- Information on the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Information on the designation of international risk areas
Information on the hygiene concept of NürnbergMesse
Each event has its own specific requirements. You can find full information on the events’ individual websites. Please reach out to the designated contact person for the event if you have any further questions. General information on the hygiene concept of NürnbergMesse can be found here: